Meet the Academic Advisers
What we do
Our Academic Advisers are professional staff dedicated to delivering course advice to all prospective and current taught students. They help people choose and plan their qualifications, so that they may successfully navigate their journey through university and achieve their future goals. Course advice includes:
- General orientation to qualification regulations
- Specific guidance on academic pathways
- Enrolment decisions
- Credit transfer
- Changes of course
- Academic standing
- Readiness for graduation and employment.
Our team ensures positive and effective experiences for people enrolling, studying and communicating with our Tiriti o Waitangi led university. We work as part of a collaborative network of university advisers, marketers, student information and customer service professionals. The team has a high impact on the lives of thousands of people studying with Massey University. This skilled team guides students to meet their particular goals, to understand and compare study pathways, to keep their study on track and to leverage value from it in their lives.
Members of the Academic Advice team are all registered with NACADA (National Academic Advising Association) and we align with the core values of the NACADA global community of academic advising: Respect, Professionalism, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Integrity, Commitment and Caring.
We're here to help you achieve your goals and reach your potential. We have an Adviser waiting to assist you.
How to make an appointment
Making the most of your appointment
To make the most of your Academic Advice session, we would suggest you prepare for your appointment with your Academic Adviser:
- Write down any questions you have for your Academic Adviser so you do not forget before you get to your appointment.
- Bring any necessary documents with you eg academic transcripts, ID documents etc
- Review our Planning your study information
- Check out how to enrol in your courses
- If you need assistance that does not require a face-to-face meeting, please email email@example.com and an Academic Adviser will respond to your enquiry.
- Take responsibility for your Academic Career, Advisers are here to assist you but you are also responsible for ensuring you meet programme/course requirements and important deadlines.
Meet our Academic Advisers
Page authorised by Director, Student Administration
Last updated on Friday 14 January 2022