Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management
No new enrolments
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) shall have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification, having achieved a B- grade average over the highest level courses.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, including:
(a) any compulsory courses identified in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(b) at least 90 credits selected from the Schedule to the Qualification; and
(c) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management is awarded without specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management
120 credits from
152.752 Project Management 30 credits
234.731 Advanced Sport in the Social Context 30 credits
234.732 Advanced Sport Management 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Monday 20 September 2021