Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and
(c) be working in the health and/or disability sectors.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, including:
(a) at least 90 credits from the Schedule to the Diploma;
(b) the core courses as listed in Schedule A for the Qualification;
(c) with the approval of the Academic Board or their delegate, up to 30 credits at 700 level from courses outside of the Schedule to the Diploma; and
(d) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management is awarded without specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic Requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Business should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management
Schedule A: Core courses (60 credits from)
Schedule B: Elective courses (60 credits from)
178.718 Health Economics 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Monday 20 September 2021