Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics requires that the candidate shall:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and shall have:
(b) been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor degree, or equivalent; and
(c) have completed relevant teaching and related experience approved by Academic Board or their delegate as appropriate for entry.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics shall follow a flexible programme of study totalling at least 120 credits as detailed in the Schedule for the Qualification.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics is awarded without specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics may be awarded with Distinction or Merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics
120 credits from
272.702 Second Language Learning Theories and Processes 30 credits
272.703 Contemporary Approaches to Language Teaching Methodology 30 credits
272.704 Contextualising Curriculum and Materials Design 30 credits
272.705 Advanced TESOL for diverse learners and contexts 30 credits
272.715 Current Issues in Applied Linguistics 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Monday 20 September 2021