Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Agribusiness
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Agribusiness requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for an agricultural or business-related Bachelor's degree, or equivalent; or
(c) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree or equivalent and have completed at least three years of relevant work experience.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Agribusiness shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification;
(b) no more than a total of 30 credits of approved Special Topic or professional development courses.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Agribusiness is awarded without endorsement.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Business or the Postgraduate Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
7. Subject to the Maximum Time to Completion and Abandonment of Studies provisions specified in the Part I regulations for the diploma, candidates enrolled in the Postgraduate Diploma in AgriCommerce prior to 1 January 2020 may be permitted to graduate under the name Postgraduate Diploma in AgriCommerce once they have completed the requirements of the diploma. Students who have successfully completed at least 90 credits towards the qualification may substitute a course already passed for 112.702 or 119.729. This transitional provision expires 31 December 2022.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Diploma in Agribusiness
Compulsory courses (45 credits from)
112.702 International Agri-Food Marketing Strategies 15 credits
Elective courses (At least 75 credits from)
112.743 Cooperative Governance and Management 15 credits
119.791 Special Topic 15 credits
119.792 Special Topic 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Monday 20 September 2021