Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management
No new enrolments
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Environmental Management, or an equivalent qualification.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses from the Schedule for the Qualification;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) attending contact workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management is awarded without an endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource and Environmental Management may be awarded with distinction or merit in accordance with the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Diploma in Māori Resource & Environmental Management
Compulsory course selection (45 credits from)
235.702 Māori Resource and Environmental Management - Whenua 15 credits
235.703 Māori Resource and Environmental Management - Fresh Water 15 credits
235.704 Māori Resource and Environmental Management - Flora and Fauna 15 credits
235.705 Māori Resource and Environmental Management - Foreshore and Oceans 15 credits
235.706 Maara kai - Traditional and Contemporary Māori Food Production 15 credits
235.707 Māori Natural Resource Policy 30 credits
131.701 Development and Underdevelopment 30 credits
131.702 Development Management 30 credits
132.730 Policy Analysis and Evaluation Techniques 30 credits
132.735 Natural Resource Policy and Planning 30 credits
150.701 Tino Rangatiratanga: Strategic Māori Development 30 credits
150.714 Ta Te Māori Rangahau Korero: Māori Research Methodologies 30 credits
152.702 Advanced Strategic Management 30 credits
188.705 Environmental Policy 15 credits
247.782 Special Topic 15 credits
247.783 Special Topic 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Monday 20 September 2021