Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Degree of Master of Dairy Science and Technology
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Master of Dairy Science and Technology requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified;
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, Bachelor of Science with Honours, Bachelor of Food Technology with Honours, or equivalent; and
(c) have approved employment in the New Zealand dairy industry to facilitate the requirements of courses 141.751 Dairy Products Technical Projects and 141.848 Dairy Science and Technology Research Project.
2. Candidates for the Master of Dairy Science and Technology shall follow a fixed programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling 120 credits, comprising:
(a) the courses from the Schedule to the Qualification;
(b) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Master of Dairy Science and Technology is awarded without a specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Master of Dairy Science and Technology may be awarded with Distinction or Merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Master of Dairy Science and Technology
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Monday 20 September 2021